Career Article 165:
Post Interview Self Assessment
By Tamara Dowling, CPRW
Company Name: _____________________
Position: _____________________ Interview Date: _____________
- Arrived on time?
- Had all information needed to complete the application?
- Was friendly to everyone, including Receptionist?
- Maintained eye contact?
- Spoke clearly and with purpose?
- Did not interrupt?
- Supported answers with specific examples of achievement?
- Shook interviewer's hand firmly at beginning and end of interview?
- Asked specific, intelligent questions that were not already answered?
- Conveyed benefits that I could deliver to the company?
- Presented a professional image?
- Obtained interviewer's business card?
- Understand next steps following interview?
- Gave interviewer clean, professional copy of resume?
To further evaluate your performance, ask yourself these questions:
- What did I learn about the company that I did not know before?
- What clues did I get from the interviewer about his/her interest?
- What would I do differently next time?